There are a lot of journaling apps kicking around and before I get into the options in another post here’s what I’m looking for (in priority order):
- Pull in data from my phone or apps I use regular
- It’s going to be around for a long time.
- Specific links
- Moves, App.net and maybe Foursquare and Flickr.
- Flexible viewing
- Multiple views of the journal, a single stream, high lights, tags. Even alternative devices would be great.
- Easy sharing to social networks.
- I don’t want my data to be locked in.
- Historic data
- Most apps I’ve looked at briefly look at current data only, it’d be nice to be able to put older data in there too.
Those are the main ones that come to mind and I don’t think anything I’ve seen so far hits them all.