So I’ve had Squarespace for 3 days now and so I’ll give my quick first impressions. I do plan on going into more depth in the future.
- I got setup really quickly.
- I really like the templates.
- The admin interface is really nice and easy to use, code injection works well.
- It has been easy to find help when I needed it, particularly using the squarespace forums.
- 15 minutes after I registered the domain it was accessible!
- The iOS client support markdown, HTML and text.
- The page builder is really easy to use and I’ve not even scratched the surface.
- I got a free domain and a decent percentage off with codes and getting 2 years off.
- The stats in iOS a really nice.
- Setting up the navigation to different categories was easy.
- The iOS client is a bit meh, especially when certain posts are ‘too complex to edit’.
- The web interface is a little buggy on mobile safari.
- The templates aren’t quite as flexible as I’d like.
- I can’t seem to stay logged in on the web, probably easy to fix.
- I’m not convinced on how it handles images, particularly if I want to use the same image, it seems like I have to upload images when I want to use them.