In my previous post I mentioned I’d been playing around with TypeScript, however the same goes for ES6 and I’ve probably put slightly more hours into that. This won’t be a great argument for or against but I’ll try to summarize some of the main points, may there will be a conclusion at the end.
- Google is using it for Angular 2.0.
- This was first reported in March 2015 and given these things changed like the wind I didn’t pay much attention to it. However it seems like they were serious afterall.
- TypeScript is a superset of ES6.
- ES6 has no types, TypeScript does.
- Considerable less testing is required for TypeScript as a lot of error are picked up if the wrong type is used.
- Existing projects can use Typings.
- You can write more robust and efficient code in both languages.
- For small projects vs large projects
- Existing vs New Projects
- Converting an existing project to TypeScript might be painful but starting on a new one would be ok.